Friday 18 January 2019

THE GIRL IN BLACK STOCKINGS no stars

I'd never actually heard of "The Girl in Black Stockings" until I saw it and now that I have, I'm not surprised why. This atrocious Z-Movie is the kind of thing that its cast would rather leave off their CV's though I doubt if it would have done much harm to the careers of Lex Barker, John Dehner, Ron Randell, Marie Windsor and a certain Miss Mamie Van Doren who also appeared in "The Navy Vs the Night Monsters" and "Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women". However, I think leading lady Anne Bancroft, a few years before stage-fame and Oscar-glory in "The Miracle Worker", would rather we forget she was ever associated with such drivel. Actually, the whodunit plot, (party-girl is murdered at a posh resort and everyone's a suspect), isn't that bad but the dreadful script, inept direction, (by Howard W. Koch), and appalling acting by everybody, Bancroft included, make this a Grade A turkey that should be avoided at all costs.

No comments: